Many people are constantly wondering if it’s safe to drink wine every day. There are controversial infos coming from doctors and those in the known, however the general consensus is that yes, drinking a glass of wine very day is quite safe and even helpful to your health.
There are several benefits to consuming wine – particularly red wine – with your meal and here are the top 5 benefits that have been so far discovered.
- There are several studies that have shown that drinking red wine actually helps with losing weight. When drunk in moderation, it helps with keeping the waistline thin because it is known that alcohol helps the body to burn the calories faster. Actually when you have one drink (only in moderation please!) your body can burn up to 90 calories. If you drink too much though, you will have other problems to deal with, more serious ones that having a bit of extra weight, so keep this in mind.
- A glass of wine a day helps with better memory retention. There have been several researches done which show clearly that a bit of wine on a daily basis helps with remembering things much better than for those people who don’t consume wine at all, or those that are alcoholics. Once again, moderation is the key here.
- Wine helps slow down aging. Resveratrol is in part responsible for this, so if you want to help your body keep its elasticity for longer, go for wines that have a higher resveratrol content, such as the well known Pinot Noir, for example.
- Wine seems to also have anti cancer properties, particularly when consuming the red sort. It has various biological elements that can help with this. Of course, this doesn’t mean that if you drink a glass of wine everyday you will never have cancer, however the chances of not having it is increased with people who consume it in moderation.
- Red wine seems to raise the levels of LDL, which is the good cholesterol, in the body. This has the effect of helping unclog your arteries.
These tips do come with a disclaimer: wine, just as any other alcohol, should be consumed in moderation. Never drink more than 1-2 glasses a day. Drinking more wine that the recommended quantity doesn’t mean that you will get more health benefits than when consuming only a little every day. Don’t go overboard and you will soon start to see the major benefits of drinking wine every day.